December 13, 2015

#Everydaystyle weekend - visiting Brisbane (and a great Mantra Brisbaneaccommodation deal)

I used to be a Brisbane local. I lived in one of the most beautiful riverside suburbs, and caught the CityCat (fast ferry for outtatowners) to work in the CBD. BB and I regularly took ferries to the football, and to Southbank for brunch and for date nights, and we've always thought the best thing about Brisbane is the Brisbane River.

So when there was a little mix-up with our accommodation at Mantra Midtown a few weekends ago when Peta and I we were in the city for Styling You's awesome #everydaystyle birthday party, I really didn't mind when the concierge said 'I'm so sorry Miss, we're going to move you to our riverside property, Mantra on the Quay'. I mean, river-view upgrade? I'll take it.

After a beautiful afternoon swanning around like we were internet-famous, we checked in to our new digs for the night. (Let's all agree that I'm not the world's greatest real estate photographer. And also that I'd had a few many wines at the luncheon by the time we checked in, and clear photos were low on my to-do list.)

The lobby is lovely, and roomy enough for a few photo opportunities without the concierge seeing what you're up to. Totes important.



Our rooms were plenty big enough - none of that 'squeeze two small bedrooms into what should be one bedroom space' situation here. We've all seen it before, and it ain't pretty.
(Above three images from Mantra.)

A decent bathroom to get ready in is always a priority, and the ensuite certainly sufficed.

My view the next morning was fantastic; I got up early, drew back the blinds and snuggled back in bed with a cuppa to watch Brisbane come along on a Summer Sunday morning.

 
A large balcony with a river view for happy snaps is always appreciated!



Peta and I didn't get the chance to check out the pool and barbeque area, or the gym (as if I was interested in using that!) because we had to head back to the Coast early-ish, but the hotel is well-equipped for longer stays, with everything you could need in CBD accommodation. I'll definitely be heading back to Brisbane for a longer trip this Summer, visiting has made me homesick for my favourite city.


Mantra on the Quay has a great accommodation deal this Summer if you're planning on visiting Brisbane :
  • Stay 3 nights and save up to 10% - rates start from $158 per night for 1 bedroom apartment
  • Stay 5 nights and save 20% - rates start from $140 per night for 1 bedroom apartment
(Offer is valid for booking and travel until 29 February 2016, subject to availability, minimum 3 night stay & 5 night stay respectively, conditions apply. Visit www.mantra.com.au for bookings.)

Do you have a favourite Australian city? Somewhere you've lived or visited that you love?


*One night's accommodation at Mantra on the Quay was gifted to me to attend the #everydaystyle party; but as a longtime Mantra lover (all our engagement, wedding and anniversary holidays have been at Mantra), I'm super-happy to share what I love about these hotels. Thanks Mantra, and thank you to Brisbane Marketing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated.
I reserve the right to remove any mean-spirited or overly self-promotional comments posted, unless of course you're promoting cake... and you want to give me cake...