June 10, 2014

Warm Winter weekend wear

Winter has arrived in South East Queensland. (Well, it's Winter for us. And we happen to think that a high of 21°C is pretty darn chilly, ok?)

Whilst Winter has many benefits - hot chocolate, snuggling and my husband's slow-cooked dinners, to name but a few - I really struggle to put together decent outfits in Winter. I love boots, but I don't have many pairs. I love jeans, but I don't love a lot of my jeans - they are never comfy enough for the whole day. And I have a mighty large collection of Winter hats, beanies and scarves, but I just can't seem to put them together without looking like I'm headed to the ski slopes.

You see, it's cold enough here right now for jeans and boots, but still gets warm enough during the day that I want to take jumpers and sweaters off. Annoying. 

This outfit is pretty perfect for Queensland's mild Winter days. A short sleeve Bonds sweater tee, and my new Uplifting Jeans from Katies*, paired with my all-time favourite ankle boots. Cosy enough, but I'm not going to need to add or strip layers through the day. 

These jeans are my new go-to jeans, I swear. Light and stretchy denim, and the perfect mid-wash to go with everything. Plus, the way they're darker down the inside and outside of the legs makes my legs look longer and slimmer. Optical illusion for the win!



Bonds sweater tee purchased last Winter (similar here) / Katies Uplifting Jeans / Country Road Brooklyn boots purchased last Winter (similar here) / DKNY watch (anniversary gift from lovely husband) / Target Limited Editions bracelet

*Nothing gifted, nothing sponsored, all my own purchased pieces. That said, I'm really excited to be collaborating with Katies in the future for some amazing outfit posts! Keep your eyes peeled, kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated.
I reserve the right to remove any mean-spirited or overly self-promotional comments posted, unless of course you're promoting cake... and you want to give me cake...