May 23, 2016

What I wore: Port Douglas holiday part 2

If you've only just stopped by, you might like to click back to this post, it's Part One of What I Wore: Port Douglas holiday... this one is a little more pictorial, because I've been busy and working hard, and have no words left.

Now, it wouldn't be a tropical holiday for me without some poolside relaxing. Yes, we have a pool at our home, but it's nowhere near as relaxing lounging in the water when you have a houseful of chores just metres away. I love laying by a pool that is a LONG way from my dirty laundry and a dishwasher that need stacking, so holiday pool time is my favourite.

I love swimsuits. For a curvy girl with bumps and dimples in all the wrong places, I give little thought to how people see me when I'm on the beach or lounging by a pool. I hope that never changes. (That said, outside of a watery environment, I'm crazy-insecure about my body. Go figure.) This gorgeous new Capriosca Cancun Twist Bandeau One Piece* with the moroccan tile-inspired print is probably my favourite one-piece of ALL. TIME. SERIOUSLY. The team at Sequins and Sand are so helpful too, you can email or call Anita and the team and get so much great advice on sizing and fit, which is so useful when buying swimwear online.
I adore the glam print, the ruching, the DD shelf bra that actually does what it's supposed to, and most of all, the removable and adjustable straps. I mean, you guys surely know how I feel about tan lines. I was so hesitant to take the straps off, because there's nothing cute about hauling a bandeau top up over and over again by the pool, but the shaping of the cups means that I didn't even need them! And that means I can wear this swimsuit under so many of my strappy, strapless and off-the-shoulder beach and pool dresses. Hip hurrah!


On our actual wedding anniversary, we had a super-relaxing day of strolling around Port Douglas. I wore one of my favourite off-the-shoulder tops (of course I did, I'm original like that) with super-tropical-cute palm-print shorts from Witchery. These shorts are brilliant for Summer holidays, because there's no ironing required, and they wash and dry so quickly that you can wear them more than once... which I obvs did.

When on holidays, wear no makeup and let your hair air-dry. Please, for the love of relaxation, do it.

Speaking of relaxation... my husband enjoyed his first pedicure ever! I'd been telling him for ages just how relaxing they were, and my dad (who doesn't exactly has attractive manfeet) has been waxing lyrical for years to BB about the pleasures of someone else attending to your feet, and I finally managed to persuade him to give it a try. BB has quite nice feet, I think, so I knew he'd have nothing to be self-conscious of.

And now he wants to get one at least monthly. Can we just say 'I told you so' already?

By the second last day of our trip, I was all but forgetting to take photos of our holiday, I was just in full-blown vacation mode. It wasn't until I saw other people snapping away on the Cairns-Kuranda SkyRail that I remembered!

Kuranda Scenic Railway Station is flipping adorable. It's just like the railway stations you imagine from the books The Railway Children, but with excellent coffee available. Nawwww.

This lame tourist photo at the railway station features pretty much the exact same off-the-shoulder top and shorts situation from a previous day, albeit with the coral version of the Katies top. What can I say? When I find a good thing, I stick to it.

Taking the obligatory arm-out-the-window photo as we rounded the bends of the Barron Valley meant that I had quite the conniption as BB risked the life of my iPhone.

Food, food, food. One of the highlights of any trip to Port Douglas for us is dinner at Bucci Italian. The blue cheese and cauliflower arancini were a hit, and the roast pumpkin gnocchi (below) served with little dollops of the most delicious goat's cheese... I can't even.


After all that cheese, I was feeling VERY cheesy and loved up. (You knew there was a bad cheese pun coming, admit it.)

Apparently I'm going through an off-the-shoulder phase. Who knew?


What it's actually all about for me. You can take away the sunbathing and afternoon cocktails, the excuses to wear tropical-print clothes, the food (although please don't take away the food), and my anniversary trip to Port Douglas is really just all about spending time with this silver fox. 

Happy Anniversary, BB. You're the cheese to my pasta. 

* Thank you so much to the team at Sequins and Sand, for gifting me this gorgeous swimsuit, and helping me find my perfect style and fit. Big big love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always appreciated.
I reserve the right to remove any mean-spirited or overly self-promotional comments posted, unless of course you're promoting cake... and you want to give me cake...