January 19, 2015

My Favourites - Furbish

Ok – I have a confession to make…I think I am officially an adult.

No, I can't yet remember what day the bins go out, or that yes, I need to actually buy milk regularly to have milk regularly in the fridge. But... I'm into houses. I no longer pick up the latest celeb mag at the checkout, I pick up Real Living

I am also mad about home and design blogs, in fact I think I might have a little design crush on Furbish Studio. They have got it going ON over there. Owner Jamie Meare’s blog I Suwanee is one of my daily reads, and her posts of clients homes that she's worked on are simply beyond!

They are some kind of genius when it comes to mixing bold patterns and bright colors. Ikats, animal prints, chinoiserie, waspy florals, tribal kilims – you name it they got it! I love that they have fun with their designs and aren’t afraid to add a brilliant punch of humour, with kitsch accessories and super-cheap finds from discount department stores. (Because if my house says anything, I want it to say 'I'm funny'.)

Take a look at some Furbish-ness in all its glory:






 
images via: I Suwanee, Lonny, and Furbish Studio




Do you have favourite online homewares stores I just MUST check out? How often do you switch up a room with new accessories?

2 comments:

  1. so many pretty things.... being an adult has some perks.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I look in a home decor magazine or furniture shop, I just want to empty my whole house and start again! If only :)
    I want to get some fabulous art pieces in 2015 - some large prints. But my problem is - I love too many different styles and can't decide on which one to hone into!
    Cx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated.
I reserve the right to remove any mean-spirited or overly self-promotional comments posted, unless of course you're promoting cake... and you want to give me cake...